Flavor + Fitness = Fabulous!


This advertisement validated my size. I was tickled by how much it resembled my body. At the time, I was thankful for how normal it made me feel. Now? Not so much. 
That's not the kind of normal that I want to be. Looking like a supermodel(or Barbie) isn't my goal either. I would like to be slim...toned...healthy.
The lowest size I can remember being is a 12. That was a good size for me. I was practically skinny, but somehow never saw that back then. Self-conscious from the start, I compared myself to others constantly. Why couldn't I look like that?  It doesn't make it easier when others remind you daily of what you already know.  Especially people you love. It may come from a place of love, but it usually causes more frustration and insecurity. That push is sometimes what we need to wake up, though. 
The term "emotional eater" rarely applied to me. This girl just simply adores food. My favorite thing to do was to go out to restaurant and feast! Rarely did I eat because of how I felt. If anything, I ate less when I was down. Being an obsessive eater was my problem. Always planning the next meal.
Flavor plays a huge part in this new lifestyle. I refuse to eat things that don't taste good even now. There are plenty of healthy options to choose from without sacrificing taste. The internet is FULL of creative recipes that  people have come up with the keep eating healthy interesting for your tastebuds! 

Here are 2 recipes that we have tried this week & were really impressed with both! 

Skinny Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas

Ingredients:
1 Whole Cooked Rotisserie Chicken(deboned  and no skin)
12 corn tortillas (I used yellow)
1 8 oz container of Light Sour Cream
1 8 oz container of fat free yogurt, plain
1 4 oz container of diced green chiles
1 cup of finely shredded low fat cheddar cheese
1/2 can of Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce 
1 can of 98% Fat Free Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup


Directions:
  • Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix sour cream, yogurt, soup and chiles. Using a different bowl, mix half of the enchilada sauce with the chicken. (I seasoned with garlic and onion powder)
  • Spoon about 3 tablespoons sour cream mixture down center of each tortilla. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cheese; sprinkle tortillas with remaining cheese, chicken and onions. Roll up; place in baking dish. Spoon remaining sour cream mixture over tortillas. Cover with foil.
  • Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with reserved 1/4 cup cheese. Bake uncovered 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Garnish with shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes if you like!


Gina Ree's Saucy Pasta

Ingredients:
1 box of Dreamfields Rotini Pasta
1 jar of Ragu Light Sugar Free Pasta
1 pound of ground turkey (93/7 Lean)

Directions:
  • Brown ground turkey in pan & season to liking
  • Boil pasta in large pot of water to desired consistency
  • Simmer sauce in saucepan and combine meat
  • Serve!
I love Dreamfields pasta! It tastes wonderful, is low-carb, and has high fiber! Here's a link to their website: 


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be sure to read labels too! Just because it says "light", "sugar free", "low fat", etc doesn't = good for you. Most of the time they're jam packed with more sodium or other things that your body doesn't need.

Post a Comment


up