86 the 86

One year ago this month, my journey of improving myself began.
In that amount of time, I reached an overall loss of 86 pounds.
My starting weight was 289 pounds. 
I now weigh 203 pounds. 

Even though this isn't my lowest weight ever, comparing it to where I came from makes me so grateful for how I feel now. Before I gained weight, I didn't realize how slim I was and took it for granted. Instead of loving myself for who I was (healthy & attractive), I undid it and found solace in food. Daily sorrow followed my actions. Trying on clothes brought me to tears as the sizes went higher. Getting ready for work resulted in clothes all over the room that had become too tight.

It's a whole new experience, this life thing. I don't cringe when I look in the mirror. Shopping is enjoyable, as is getting ready for work.  My legs don't hurt after being on my feet too long. I am more confident than I have ever been...because I can appreciate the difference between where I was and where I am.

This isn't the end of my journey. My goal weight is 155, which is 48 pounds away...I should be able to knock those out within 5 months. However, if it takes longer, I'm ok with that. As long as I am headed in the right direction, I am satisfied with that.

Can't wait for the next level...I think I will flip out when I see 199 on my scale. It will have been forever since I saw less than 200. *squee!*

Pics tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up