2012 has arrived

The first day of this year went quite well.
When I first woke up, I didn't necessarily feel like working out today. One excuse I had was how sore I was from the night of playing my friends Kinect and throwing the football with my hubby. After I got up and moved around a bit, I felt a bit better. What pushed me to go? The gorgeous day that was awaiting outside. It was a clear, cloudless day that begged to be enjoyed.
During the walk, we took some pictures of our beautiful scenery:


It's not always that pleasant, though. Over the past few months, my husband and I have diligently ventured out regardless of how we felt...after a 2 hour commute to an 8 hour work day. Through cold weather, rainy days, and even the onset of a headcold. 

The flip has switched in my head. 

Regardless of what it takes, I will make myself do it. I will not create barriers or obstacles. If I want to see results, I must put forth the effort. The only thing stopping me from reaching my goal is myself. And I'll be damned if I will let that happen.
Forgive me if I sound firm. I now realize what it takes to see results. It's not a cakewalk. It takes work. To expect change without effort is unrealistic.

I've lost 39 pounds so far. That brings me to the point of being 100 pounds away from my goal. I feel like a different person. Well, let me rephrase that. I feel like the person I was prior to letting myself go. I recognize the person in the mirror again. I'm more confident, and not as self conscious. 

Progress:


Cheers to a new year, one filled with the possibility of redesigning yourself, and changing your own mind. 

"Behold, I make all things new." - Revelation 21



1 comments:

Grace said...

you are such an inspiration and so very beautiful! good luck on your journey. I look forward to reading your posts. :)

Post a Comment


up