A Day in the Life

Many people have asked me what kind of meals I eat, so I thought I would make a post to show ya!

Breakfast

I've always been a cereal lover. Recently, we ransacked the cereal aisles to find a tasty morning treat with not many calories. Surprisingly, many of the "healthy" ones were packed full with calories, sugar, and fat. Here are a few of my faves that will help keep you inside the lines:
Special K - Original or Protein Plus (1 cup)
I usually choose skim milk at work, or 1/2 percent at home (pint)
This usually keeps me satisfied until lunchtime, due to the amount of protein in it.















Lunch

Usually, lunch for me doesn't exceed 400 calories. There's a sandwich that my hubby introduced that I really love!
Subway's Buffalo Chicken Sandwich (6 inch) - 330 calories
This is including my preferred toppings, which is American Cheese and Black Olives only
(please see www.subway.com to calculate your specific toppings)










Dinner

Eating at home saves us tons of calories usually. On the way home from work, we'll stop by the grocery store & pickup a rotisserie chicken (cooked). There are so many recipes that you can make from this that our healthy, quick, and simple.
The most simple route for us would be serve the desired amount of chicken with a veggie, such as squash, broccoli, or corn. We would also include a side of lowfast cottage cheese.
Another way to serve it is use it to make White Chicken Chili or Chicken Tacos/Enchiladas. (previously posted recipe for Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up